Tilta MB-T16-B Tilta Mirage Matte Box for DSLR,Cinema,Gimbals and Drones with 95mm Variable ND Filter Tray and Wireless Motor
Sale Sold out
Regular price $940.77 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
Overview* Mirage is a new matte box system developed for the latest era of video creators, an ultra lightweight build, multifunctional modular design, and affordable solution for modern and efficient video production.
* Featuring a new standard 95mm clamp on backing that can be mounted directly onto classic cinema lenses such as ARRI Ultra Primes,Leica Summicron-C, etc., as well as adaptable to more accessible DSLR and Mirrorless Lenses, to support all video creators
* Our new circular filter design is more cost efficient due to its lighter weight and smaller size, weighing only 1/4th of a
traditional 4x5.65 filter.
* Inherited from the film industry, the cartridge filter design replaces the conventional screw on filter system and can be quickly installed with a single press.
* The system supports a variety of special effect circular filters, such as star patterns, multi-colored streaks, anamorphic flares,black and white pro mists, and other lens effects that can fully support all aspects of your creative vision for modern video production.
* Featuring a newly designed Variable ND module (optional), developed in close collaboration with top tier optical manufacturers,the VND module accommodates multiple configurations, the lightest being only 130g.
* Using new PL + CPL technology, the VND module can produce accurate colors even at its maximum density.
* The Variable ND can be gradually adjusted, allowing you to keep consistent exposure when lighting conditions change unexpectedly.
* The module has built-in hard stops between ND 0.3 ~ ND 2.7 to ensure no risk of an X-Pattern Cross Shadow. Based on golden ratio design and optimized color rendition, to maximize the ND function our variable ND has a larger axis between the filter elements.To prevent vignetting, use ND 0.3-2.1 for wide lenses and use ND 2.1-2.7 for focal lengths beyond 35mm.
* The VND module can be wirelessly controlled by a micro motor to remotely adjust the ND level which offers more flexibility while shooting.
* The standard wireless range is 100m and can be extended further by a wireless signal amplifier for aerial photography (optional).
* The VND’s Motor can be controlled with the new Wireless Controller (included in the VND + Motor Kit) as well as Tilta’s Nucleus Series Wireless Follow Focus Systems.
* The Wireless Controller mounts via NATO Rail and can control the Nucleus M & Nano motor as well as the Wireless Motor for Tilta Mirage.
* When you choose the VND Kit, you are able to use the included Nucleus Nano Motor Mounting Bracket to secure a Nucleus Nano motor directly to the VND module in order to adjust the density wirelessly. (optional accessory for other kits)
* The matte box body adopts an aerodynamic design with integrated vents that can reduce the wind resistance and ensure stability when shooting subjects at high speeds while the optional protective front element can provide further security for your filters.
* The modular design can support many creative configurations including the use of an adhesive protector (optional) which can be applied to filters to prevent scratches and help eliminate reflections.
* Expand the matte box’s 4x5.65 filter support with additional stackable filter trays (optional) to achieve more advanced creative looks. More accessories will continue to be released and further expand the possibilities of the system.
* The Tilta Mirage Matte Box offers a next generation shooting experience, whether you are a single operator or a professional production crew, the Mirage is the perfect tool for modern video production.
* The combination of unique design elements and versatile configuration options can assist professional creators in achieving sophisticated visual styles to better express their artistic visions and produce industry level looks at an accessible price.
ULTIMATE EXPOSURE CONTROL
Supports precise and smooth exposure adjustment from indoor to outdoor one-take shooting scenarios. Maintains the same depth of field while getting the perfect exposure.
COMPATIBLE WITH ALL TILTA LENS CONTROL HANDLES
To control the VND module, you have the options of all available Tilta lens control handles, including the wireless controller for Tilta Mirage, Nucleus M hand unit, Nucleus Nano hand wheel, advanced focus side handle, wireless lens control handle for Tilta Float, etc.
Removable modular design supports your creative needs. (Multiple patents pending.)
Golden Ratio Design
Minimalist design supports even the most compact-sized cameras and lenses. Prevents vignetting when using lenses wider than 18mm.
95mm Standard Diameter
Compatible with a wide range of classic cinema lenses. Supports step-down adapter rings for DSLR and mirrorless lenses.
New Insert Style Filter Design
Light weight and more efficient than screw-in filters. More user-friendly for video production.
4x5.65 Ready For Front Filter Mounting
4×5.65 stackable filter trays and holder are available for purchase, if multiple filters are needed.
Only 1/4 The Weight Of A 4x5.65 Filter
The new filter design saves over 100g compared to traditional 4×5.65 filters in most cases. This weight advantage becomes more and more important with smaller camera rigs being desired.
Removable modular design supports your creative needs. (Multiple designs patent pending.)
Ready To Mount Special FX Filters
Various filter manufacturers have set off to develop for this new standard of filter system, such as Vaxis, Nisi, etc. Vaxis has already developed an anamorphic flare filter, black pro-mist, pro-mist, NDs, etc.
The matte box body adopts an aerodynamic design with integrated vents that can reduce wind resistance and ensure stability when shooting subjects at high speeds.
Designed For Mobile Shooting
The standard wireless range is 100m and can be extended further via a range extender for aerial photography (optional).
Custom Designed Wireless Motor
The custom designed wireless motor supports remote exposure adjustment during mobile shoot conditions, such as gimbal, car mount,aerial, or steadicam setups.
VND Module Wireless Control
The standard wireless range is 100m and can be extended to 2km via a range extender for aerial photography.
Pair The VND Module With Nano Motor
When you choose Kit B, you are able to use the included Nucleus Nano Motor Adapter to secure a Nucleus Nano motor directly to the VND module in order to adjust the density wirelessly. (optional accessory for other kits)
DSLR, Mirrorless, Drone, Gimbal and Cinema
Aluminum alloy, stainless steel
11 x 9 x 4.5 inches